Property/Commercial Law Legal Secretary
Whiteley Ironside & Shillington Solicitors is an established, friendly law firm centrally located in Orange, Central West NSW approximately 3 hours from Sydney. We practice in all areas of law broadly divided into litigation, commercial and property law, wills and estate planning.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Legal Secretary to join a law firm and enjoy a rewarding role within a positive team environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a Legal Secretary to assist in the areas of commercial and property law, wills and estates and family law. Experience in those areas of law will be favourably regarded but not essential.
You will be primarily supporting two lawyers.
You will need to use your initiative and be responsible for:
- Filing and general administrative duties as required;
- Opening, closing and archiving of files;
- Carriage of conveyancing and leasing files from start to finish;
- Undertake ASIC searching, title and statutory searching;
- Editing & amending legal documents and general correspondence;
- Assisting other secretaries and lawyers as necessary;
- Extensive client liaison and with lawyers and staff in person, by telephone and email;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’D LOVE…
To be successful in this role, you will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role (however, please apply if you are a fast learner) together with:
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Be a committed, proactive team player who is also capable of working autonomously;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately;
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humour;
BENEFITS & CULTURE
- Exceptional environment
- Enjoy a warm welcome to this friendly team
- Competitive salary
- Small firm with great exposure to challenging work
- Diverse, dynamic and energetic workplace
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!